CyberMaryland is a public/private partnership providing resources and services for new and expanding information technology companies in one of the world’s most powerful and innovative markets – cybersecurity.
Led by a dynamic community of entrepreneurs, academia, government, investors, technologists and seasoned industry leaders, CyberMaryland connects businesses with R&D, education, workforce and contracting opportunities.
Excellent Education Pipeline
Maryland leads the U.S. in cyber education with 13 higher education institutions certified by the NSA as Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance.
• University of Maryland Cybersecurity Center MC2 – develops new, innovative technologies to defend against cybersecurity attacks.
• University of Maryland University College Center for Security Studies - flexible undergraduate and graduate degree programs and three graduate certificates in cybersecurity and cybersecurity policy.
• University of Maryland Baltimore Center for Information Security and Assurance – graduate programs in cybersecurity and cyber-related industry certification and training programs.
Cyber Entrepreneurs Thrive in Incubators
Maryland’s 27 business incubators include the Chesapeake Innovation Center – America’s first homeland and national security focused accelerator and the Advantage Incubator at UMBC – Maryland’s first incubator dedicated exclusively to cybersecurity technologies and companies.
Incubators stimulate partnerships strategic to America’s national security, which includes public and private sector entities. The Cync Program is a unique partnership between Northrop Grumman and bwtech@UMBC that builds on a successful business-incubation framework by offering a “scholarship program” for companies with the most promising cybersecurity ideas.
Elite Powerhouses Fuel R&D
The state’s elite cybersecurity network includes 12 major military installations, 400 federal academic and private research centers and 50 federal agencies with R&D.
• Defense Information Systems Agency
• Fort Detrick
• Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity
• National Institute of Standards & Technology
• National Security Agency