Position: Instructional Specialist, CyberSecurity
Anne Arundel Community College
Position Summary: The Instructional Specialist for the CyberCenter is responsible for providing high quality instruction in all credit and non-credit programs associated with Computer Technologies at Anne Arundel Community College. Instruction may be in a variety of formats, including but not limited to classroom, computer lab, tutorial center, distance, on-line, etc. In addition to instructional responsibilities, the Instructional Specialist will have a major role in curriculum development, assessment strategies, outcomes measurement, partnerships, publications, research, and mentoring for Cyber Center. This full time position is a twelve-month professional level position.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, Digital Forensics or related discipline required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations.
- Strong human relations skills, including the ability to function effectively and tactfully with diverse populations such as students, administrators, faculty, staff and the public.
- Ability to work a flexible 40 hour weekly schedule, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate the needs of the department programs required
- Industry experience in cybersecurity, information systems security and/or information assurance, preferred.
- Experience in teaching computer technologies preferred.
- Industry technology certifications related to cybersecurity, information assurance and/or computer networking preferred.
- Experience in assessment, curriculum development, and/or curriculum design preferred.
- Experience in delivering instruction in non-traditional setting using various delivery modes preferred.
AACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. We are committed to the power of diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
To apply and for more information, please visit https://careers.aacc.edu.